Monday, August 31, 2009

murphy's law

murphy's law states that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.

and so my personal great depression continues, as i woke up late again today and didn't go to work. when i checked my phone, i saw that my boss had called a couple of times and also sent an SMS that gave me an ominous feeling of impending termination. truth is, i've been riding my luck a lot lately, and this time i think i took it too far, so i did the only decent thing i could do - i apologised a thousand times, then told him i'd tender my resignation letter first thing tomorrow morning. i'm already starting to feel the awkwardness and embarrassment of having to serve out the one month's notice - it really sucks.

to add on to that, i just got bailed out from the traffic police station by my mum after a ton of paperwork, mugshot-taking and 2 hours in lock-up, all because i failed to pay a speeding fine. now they've doubled the fine and are taking me to court in a month's time. i swear i remember paying the fine - it was my very first traffic offence, and it was quite a hefty amount as well, but when i checked my bank transaction history, there was no trace of that amount being debited. i guess it got declined or something. tough luck, huh. i must have really offended the gods of fate.