Sunday, October 26, 2008

ecaps gnidnif

no, it's not german or dutch. it's just 'finding space' in reverse. clever? poetic? anyway, i just want to say that sometimes friends act as your mirrors, giving you a retrospective glimpse of your past, through the ways they choose to remember you, or how certain things are associated with you, according to them. it's quite a funny thing when you find out about the "keywords" that people identify and remember you with.

take, for example, jo, who saves my mobile number, in her beautiful iphone3g, under the name 'ah`space'. haha! my gosh, that was over a decade ago. i fondly remember chatting from dusk till dawn on irc in #youngndangerous (smile, png.. =), playing pool at monstercue, smoking in school uniform, loitering in shopping centres and game arcades, infatuations, etc - the recollection is making me cringe from the nostalgia of all the foolish things i did during that phase of my life. youth is my crime, and i'm guilty as charged. haha. the sweet thing is, i'll bet she's the only person in the world who remembers me that way. thank you.